Lithium batteries are used in the balance wheel products. After purchasing the regular brand lithium battery products, it is not 100% safe due to factors such as the environment and usage. Learn about some safe ways to minimize risk.
1. It is best to read the product manual before use. Generally, the regular brand will have complete safety precautions in the manual. These precautions are not groundless, but are obtained through multiple safety tests.
2. Safe charging. Most of the lithium battery fire accidents occur during charging. Try not to charge indoors and avoid overnight charging. It is best to have someone next to it when charging.
3. Keep away from water and avoid using or charging in a humid environment. Electronic products should be kept away from water as much as possible.
4. Always charge with the original charger. Users who have purchased products such as balance cars and electric scooters know that most of the lithium battery products have similar charging ports. Many users mistakenly believe that the charging ports are compatible. In fact, the voltage and current of different products are different. Accidents can easily occur when charging with a wrong charger.
5. If you are unfortunately angry in the room, disconnect the charging power as soon as possible and keep the product outdoors, and use water-based fire extinguishing agent or sand to extinguish the fire.
6. The US study found that lithium battery fires are essentially caused by thermal runaway, and cooling in fire suppression is a priority. For the lithium battery of portable equipment, the screening experiment results show that the water-based fire extinguishing agent has the best cooling effect, and the gas and dry powder fire extinguishing agent have poor effect.
7. If the lithium battery is not used for a long time, it is best to charge it once every 3 months to maintain the activity of lithium ions in the battery. Failure to charge for more than 1 year may result in damage to the battery.